Thursday, July 06, 2006

You ...

I thought I had found my happiness
the first time I met you
I thought you would bring me joy
in whatever I do

Before I met you
my life was a complete mess
My world was upside down
with me, you wouldn't want to fess

But then, you came along
right into my path; my life
You helped build my confidence
and made me feel alive

Those times we had together
were the greatest I ever had
In all of my life
I didn't think I could get

But when tragedy strike
my world came tumbling down
You left me alone in this world
I thought I would surely drown

I was all by myself
I didn't know what to do
My world was a complete darkness
each day that passed were a blue

But slowly, I picked myself up
pick up the pieces left in my life
I told myself I could do it, do it for you
and that thought kept me alive

Thinking of that kept me on
and before I know it,
the misery was gone

I thank God for having let me met you

for showing me the beautiful things present
You opened my world to a world of sunshine
and made me feel I was not of a burden

I promise you I will carry on living
in remembrance of you
I will treasure my life fully
in whatever I do

No comments: