Sunday, June 04, 2006

5 Years Ago~

Cry myself to sleep at night,
Freeing myself from the present to hide.
All the pain, the worries, the headaches,
Constantly swimming around in my head.

5 years ago, I was a cheerful person,
Life was much simpler then, no worries, no concerns.
It was sweet and smooth-going,
Enjoying anything that comes along my way.

5 years later, I'm a nervous painful wreck,
Problems never seem to end,
Troubles and heartaches always there.

How much has life changed over the years?
However multiplying stronger are my fears.
Life goes on as it never ends,
The world is older than all of us are, my friend.

Trudging down the treacherous path,
Is anyone out there to lend me a hand?
Danger lurks in every corner and winding bend,
Seems my life is played from a telescope lens.

I pray to God to give me strength,
The willpower and control in my hands.
That I will perserve and go on,
To emerge as a new person; Reborn.

No comments: